Google Satellite Support

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:28 PM

It's there any plans to support Google Images additionally to Google Maps? Like GMAP?

Carlos

Coordinator
Sep 9, 2010 at 10:22 AM

There are several GoogleMapTypes, so also Satellite (Aerial).

GoogleMap = 1,
        GoogleSatellite = 4,
        GoogleLabels = 8,
        GoogleTerrain = 16
Is that what you mean?
Paul

Sep 13, 2010 at 3:42 PM

yes, like ArgGis, TMS, Bing...etc, support to tiling Google Maps or Google Sattelite

Carlos

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Yes that is possible. 

Paul

Sep 13, 2010 at 4:12 PM

At this time? Or future plans? Any help?

Carlos

Coordinator
Sep 13, 2010 at 4:35 PM

At this time.

You can create a google map source like this:

var source = new GoogleTileSource(GoogleMapType.GoogleSatellite);            

It involves facking the user-agent which is not possible in Silverlight. The proper solution would be to call it through the Google javascript api. I am not sure if the Google api can be combined with Silverlight, it think it is impossible to call javascript in a in a WPF/WinForms application.

Paul

Sep 13, 2010 at 10:54 PM

Ok, sorry, that's my problem, I copied and old library.

Another question. Actually, who generates the .aux.xml file? I have some problem with the aux generated for GoogleSatellite, the others works well.

Carlos

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 7:41 AM

aux.xml? that is gdal related. Are you using BruTile within SharpMap? That would explain the earlier confusion. Is there an actual aux.xml or are you assuming there is?

Paul

Sep 14, 2010 at 3:25 PM

Ok, let me explain. I'm using Brutile and ArcBrutile to show basemaps in ArcMap. Brutile generate the tiles on disk (true?). So I have a confusion about the aux.xml files, they appears on every tile difectory for every image, seems to be generated by ArcMap/ArcBrutile (I'm investigating), I'm also in contact with Bertt from ArcBrutile.

Thats my actual project.

Carlos

Coordinator
Sep 14, 2010 at 3:35 PM

yes, with BruTile you can cache tiles on disk.

Bertt will know more about the aux.xml. It is an ArcMap thing.

Paul.