Brutile and Sharpmap's ajaxMap

Dec 23, 2010 at 8:16 PM

Hello

I want to know if it is possible to take advantadge of Brutile inside the SharpMap's ajaxMap web control.

By now I can set a TileLayer using a GoogleTileSource as background image for my map and add vector layers on it using epsg900913 coordinate transformation. It's working, but the map is rendering too slow with the Google Maps background.

Please could you give some direction to help me make the map render faster? Maybe it is not possible to do that with the ajaxMap control?

Thanks

PD: The source code I'm using is posted here:  http://sharpmap.codeplex.com/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=239124

Dec 24, 2010 at 4:54 PM

Paul

I'm sorry to bother you today, I'm trying to compile Brutile-SL project in order to add it to MapsUI project and compile but I'm not able to compile Brutile-SL, I'm having 3 errors.

Error      4             'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' does not contain a definition for 'Timeout' and no extension method 'Timeout' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\INSTALADORES\SharpMap\brutile-60010\trunk\BruTile\Web\GoogleRequest.cs                354         29           BruTile-SL

Error      5             'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' does not contain a definition for 'ReadWriteTimeout' and no extension method 'ReadWriteTimeout' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\INSTALADORES\SharpMap\brutile-60010\trunk\BruTile\Web\GoogleRequest.cs   355         29           BruTile-SL

Error      6             'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' does not contain a definition for 'GetResponse' and no extension method 'GetResponse' accepting a first argument of type 'System.Net.HttpWebRequest' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)    C:\INSTALADORES\SharpMap\brutile-60010\trunk\BruTile\Web\GoogleRequest.cs                357         63           BruTile-SL

That's because you have to use asynchronus BeginGetResponse and EndGetResponse instead of GetResponse for Silverlight projects.

Thanks in advance, merry christmas !!!

Jan 11, 2011 at 8:00 AM

ah thanks, you are right. I did a quick fix with an #if !SILVERLIGHT condition.

Paul

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:29 PM

Hi Paul, I saw it, it is compiling fine.

About the first post, do you know if it is possible to have a GoogleMaps TileLayer as background image with fast rendering inside the Sharpmap's AjaxMap Control?

Sorry if I'm not expressing myself appropiate, I'm not too good at english.