Felix has added support for MBTiles.
I made some modification to get it work with custom tile schema's.
Some remarks on my changes:
- I added constructor arguments for a specific TileSchema. This is what I use for the RD projection/schema.
- There are now 3 ways to specify a schema
1) the default MBTiles schema is assumed when nothing is specified.
2) specified in the constructor
3) through the 'map' table that is used in the haiti sample.
- I now assume the extent is in the projection of the TileSchema. So in the case of regular MBTiles it needs to be in SphericalMercator.
- I have not implemented this yet, so I just left this as a todo.
- Reading the extents of the tiles per layer is slow. But this now only happens when there is a 'map' table. Perhaps it could be improved with indexes.
- The bbox per layer (used as an optimization in MBTiles) is also required by WMTS. We should prepare for this so MBTiles needs no custom code for this.
- I added a none 'type' (base|overlay). You can no specify the type in the constructor. When no type is specified it is read from the 'metadata' table.
- I did not test MBTiles in Silverlight.